Claim: There is a lack of transparency at Cedarville University which needs to be addressed.
- The circumstances surrounding the White Papers on creation, justification, and omniscience.
- The recent, inadequately-explained dismissal of Dr. Michael Pahl.
- The recent, inadequately-explained rejection of the Theology Major.
- The untimely resignation of Dr. Carl Ruby.
- The proposed cancellation of Cedarville’s Philosophy Program.
- Cedarville’s “Identity Crisis”: The apparent incongruity between Cedarville’s vision of becoming a robustly-evangelical, Christ-centered university and the actions mentioned above.
- A Christ-centered university should be a place of consistency and justice, following the example of Christ, the Transparent One, the Light of the World, the perfect revealer of God to the world.
- The release of as much information as is legally possible regarding the events leading up to the dismissal of Dr. Pahl.
- The delineation of a specific policy to be followed in all future faculty dismissals.
- A thorough and satisfactory explanation of the rejection of the Theology Major.
- A thorough and satisfactory explanation of the cancellation of the Philosophy Major.
- Town Hall meetings in which the administration will
- 1.) explain the apparent incongruity between Cedarville’s vision and recent actions
- 2.) allow concerned students to openly ask questions regarding (but not limited to):
- Cedarville’s identity/vision,
- the White Papers
- Dr. Pahl’s dismissal
- rejection of the Theology Major
- cancellation of the Philosophy Major
- Dr. Brown’s resignation
- Dr. Ruby’s resignation